Electrical equipment, like hazardous location air conditioners, that may be exposed to specific, hazardous gases or vapors in the area where it will be used, cannot reach temperatures that exceed 80% of the auto-ignition temperature of those gases or vapors. Hazardgard has a T4 rating which means that it's surface temperature should not exceed 135°C or 275°F. (Note: 50/60Hz model listed as T4A for surface temperatures to 120° C/248° F).
|Electrical Equipment Label
The above chart illustrates that 200°C is the maximum surface temperature for any electrical equipment with a temperature classification of T3 or higher.
(Vapors and Gases)
The maximum temperature at which a liquid, gas or vapor can ignite without the help of an outside source of heat is the auto-ignition temperature. These temperatures are determined based on conditions during laboratory testing. For example:
Some surfaces, like that of a high-pressure steam pipe, can have a greater auto-ignition temperature than certain mixtures of fuel and air.
Auto-Ignition Temperatures (Dust)
As seen on the chart below, the auto-ignition temperature of dust is typically greater than the auto-ignition temperature of vapors and gases. Such examples include:
MODELS SH15M30A, SH20M30B, SH20M50A
- DiamonBlue™ Advanced Corrosion Protection on the outdoor coil protects the coil against deterioration and extends the life of the unit especially in coastal or corrosive environments
ElectroFin® 5-stage, immersion ecoat process on 100% of metallic surfaces on the outdoor coil provides outstanding corrosion resistance protection in coastal or corrosive environments. (MODEL SH24M20)
A. Unit depth is 27 3/8 inches.
B. Depth of junction box to louvers is 6 inches.
C. Maximum wall depth of the thru-the-wall finished hole is 6 inches
Durable, Reliable and Safe
Robust engineering, commercial-grade components and extensive field testing show that Hazardgard provides the durability and safety required in hazardous locations. See the complete features list for details on what makes Hazardgard the best choice in tough operating environments.
Harsh Environments Demand Hazardgard
Hazardgard is ideal for:
- Offshore oil rigs, onshore oil company offices and refineries
- Petrochemical sites and propane fill-up stations
- Paint and varnish storage or processing plants
- Grain alcohol processors or storage sites
- Plant areas using strong solvents or chemicals
- Munitions plants or armories
- PVC or plastics plants and processing points
- Recycling plants
- Furniture refinishing/stripping workshops
- Fertilizer plants
- Office complexes where methane is a by product
- Hazardous materials storage
- Container Lab
- For analyzer houses/shelters
- New Luvata coil coating (model SH24M20 only)
- excellent adhesion characteristics
- Less than 1% thermal degradation
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- passed 6048 hrs. ASTM B-117 Salt Spray
Electrofin meets the following:
- MIL-C-46168 Chemical Agent resistance -DS2, HCI Gas
- CID A-A-52474A (GSA)
- MIL-STD 810F, Method 509.4 (Sand and Dust)
- MIL-P-53084 (ME)-TACOM Approval
- MIL_DTL-12468 Decontamination Agent (STB)
- DPG (Douglas Proving Grounds) Soil & Water exposure Tests
- GM9540P-97 Accelerated Corrosion Test (120 cycles)
- ASTM B117-G85 Modified Salt Spray (Fog) Testing-2,000 hours
- ASTM B117 Salt Spray (tested by ARL for Lockheed Martin)
Hazardgard can be installed in a window or thru-the-wall, provided the wall depth meets specifications. See the specifications by model for details.