Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager, Friedrich Air Conditioning Co. is seeking an individual who will have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with new product development and sustainment engineers to develop 3D models and detailed drawings of major components and assemblies.
- Facilitate implementation of product revisions into the manufacturing process through collaboration with and engagement of manufacturing and process engineering resources.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of engineering documentation related to released/legacy products using common engineering change practices.
- Work with manufacturing engineering in the development of product work instructions and method sheets.
- Facilitate the implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
- Generate detailed documents, test plans and feasibility studies associated with product improvements, revisions and component changes.
- Interface with manufacturing engineering personnel in solving assembly line related problems rapidly and permanently while driving the solution into product improvement initiatives.
- Provide status reports to engineering management for manufacturing test trends, product deviations, change implementation and design deficiencies.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering and technical experience.
- 2 years plastic design for injection molding.
- 2 years sheet metal design and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Must possess strong skills related to mechanical assembly, problem solving, engineering change processes, documentation control, manufacturing implementation support, and service support.
- Must have experience with mechanical and electrical design and a broad knowledge of manufacturing and assembly process.
- Must possess superior organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products to include Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must possess advanced knowledge of 3D Modeling software. ‘Inventor’ preferred, but other parametric design platforms are acceptable
- Ability to work with other Product Engineering resources for rapid deployment of deviations, changes, product enhancements and improvements.
- Must possess high energy level and have a positive (can do) attitude, with strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to work and think with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced ever changing environment.
For immediate consideration, you are encouraged to Apply on-line at www.friedrich.com.
(It is not necessary to submit a further resume by email, regular mail, fax or in person; your on-line application will suffice.)
A SALARY REQUIREMENT OR A SALARY HISTORY IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED.
Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd.