Reporting to the CFO, Friedrich Air Conditioning Co. is seeking a CONTROLLER who is a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who takes pride in quality of work and is open to continuous process improvement. Responsibilities include:
- Direct and manage accounting department in accomplishing departmental objectives.
- Prepare monthly financial and operating reports.
- Perform and review account reconciliations and balances to drive accuracy of recorded activities.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local tax requirements.
- Coordinate periodic outside audits.
- Lead a multi-function team in developing and implementing standard costs.
- Schedule and direct periodic inventories.
- Gather and prepare information to assist in production of financial plans/budgets.
- Train and develop staff.
- Establish, implement, and document policies and procedures.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Re-engineer processes as identified in order to eliminate non-value-added tasks, improve accuracy and timeliness of financial information, and strengthen internal controls.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- CPA certification
- Accounting degree
- 8 + years of relevant accounting experience w/ 5+ years in an accounting management capacity
- Strong Excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of current GAAP
- Working knowledge of accounting and report-writing software
- Manufacturing or distribution experience a plus
For immediate consideration, you are encouraged to Apply on-line at www.friedrich.com.
(It is not necessary to submit a further resume by email, regular mail, fax or in person; your on-line application will suffice.)
A SALARY REQUIREMENT OR A SALARY HISTORY IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED.
Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd.