Cooling solutions for oil & gas
Whether you operate an offshore oil rig, refinery, or petroleum storage facility, you cannot take chances with your HVAC equipment.
We help oil and gas operators deliver reliable cooling in extreme temperatures and where flammable gases or vapors are present.
Design and Construction Considerations
Designing and manufacturing for oil and gas applications is very different from traditional commercial installations, so make sure you are buying a cooling solution designed to operate within the unique requirements of your facility.
Questions to consider:
- Is the enclosure strength able to contain an explosion?
- Does the unit function at a temperature below the ignition temperature of the surrounding atmosphere?
- Does the unit provide a way for burning gases to escape as they expand during an explosion?
- Does the unit prevent the escape of sparks, burning materials, or hot metal particles resulting from equipment failure?
- Does the HVAC solution meet UL listing for Class 1, Division 2 and Groups A, B, C and D hazardous locations, and meets National Electric Code (NEC) 500 and 505 requirements?
Check out our Resources section of this page for more information that you might find valuable in evaluating a hazardous location air conditioner for your site.